Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Youtube sucks

OK, this is my rant on YouTube. At first, it was a really cool website, with lots of neat videos to choose from. Then Google bought it and it's gone downhill fairly swiftly from there.

I spent over 2 hours creating a picture slideshow of my 1978 Porsche 911 sc coupe, set to AC/DC's "Back In Black", only to have it removed by YouTube due to a copyright infrigement complaint by WMG Media. Well those fucktards can fuck right off.

I also had another video I took of the Liverpool match against Fulham back in November of last year, when I went to Anfield. It was such a momentous event that I wanted to capture it for posterity, and add it to YouTube so others could enjoy it. But they removed that one too.

I've had it with YouTube. So many similar videos are up like mine, with plenty of other copyrights being infringed, and yet they choose mine to take down. If I had any reasonable grounds, I would sue the fuckers. But I don't, unfortunately.

What's becoming of YouTube? You can no longer find tv shows on there, as they have all been removed, and what's next? Are they gonna ban musicians doing covers of other people's songs? I'm sure that's a copyright infringement right there. And if that happens, then YouTube will well and truly suck and I will no longer wish to be associated with it. Even if it's not their fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment