I've been doing some thinking about the year so far, and all of the wonderful once-in-a-lifetime experiences I have been fortunate enough to take part in.
I have been to several new cities and countries: Prague, Czech Republic, Budapest, Hungary, Munich, Germany, Vienna and Hallstatt, Austria, Liverpool, Birmingham and Stourbridge, England. This year I was quite the world traveler!
I learned that I could be away from home for nearly a month without getting too homesick, and gained some much-needed independence from navigating my way through new cities, getting lost in Munich, which taught me that if I walk around long enough, I will eventually find the place I'm looking for (in Munich, it was the hotel).
I proved to my parents that I can be away from home and manage on my own, and not have to be so dependent on them for things.
First kiss with a Brit, first sex with a Brit (first sex in 3 years).
Fell in love online, got used, left, fell out of love, took me 6 months to get over the man who broke my heart. But met another Brit who couldn't be more opposite to the first Brit. Met him in London, and he drove me up to Liverpool for the match against Fulham on Saturday the 22nd of November. That was another first, riding in someone's car on the motorway. First time in Liverpool, at Anfield, at a British football game. First (and certainly NOT last) time at a Liverpool match.
After the match, we went to the Albert, a famous pub near the stadium, and I got my picture taken with a bunch of Irish Liverpool supporters, which was also a first for me. It was nice to finally be surrounded by people as loyal to the club as I am. They were impressed that I came all the way from America to go to a Liverpool match. I also got incredibly lucky and didn't have a hard time finding tickets, which I thought was going to be a real problem, as I've heard they're really hard to get.
Another first was sleeping with Martin, the lovely bloke who was so kind to me and paid for most all my meals while I was in London, and went shopping with me on Oxford Street (another first, Oxford Street) and helped me navigate the tube. He took me back to his place on Sat nite after the Liverpool match b/c the hotel we were going to stay at was booked full, and I hadn't slept with a guy in several years, not since Ed, and certainly not the day after I met him! But we were both tired due to consistent lack of sleep, and it just felt so right, with him wrapping his arms around me and holding me tight. It was the best feeling in the world, and I hadn't realized just how much I missed that human contact since I was with Ed.
It was neat to be inside a proper British house, and just the little things like the light switches are on the outside of the bathroom rather than inside, like ours are. And no central heating.
TBC
No comments:
Post a Comment