Saturday, September 12, 2009

Tom Petty!!!!

[10 Jun 2006 | Saturday]


Category: Music


Well, I went to see Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers play tonight with my parents. It was a lot of fun, but there were too many drunk (which equals loud and obnoxious) people near us and the seats weren't that great (and I forgot to bring binoculars) and as I said before, I went with my parents, so I couldn't try to at last partake in any pot that inevitably turns up at concerts every time I've ever been....oh well, maybe next time.


Tom Petty played a lot of good old stuff (greatest hits) and a few new songs, one called "Melinda" and even an old Traveling Wilburys song that I didn't know, but one guy in his band that sounded a lot like Roy Orbison sang Roy's lines...and my dad pointed out which lines George Harrison sang...which I thought was cool that he remembered that! Tom's always so polite at concerts, always asking permission to play new stuff and saying 'God Bless' at the end of his encore. I think that's really great; not enough artists these days care enough about their audience to say nice things like that.

He even brought out Stevie Nicks for a few songs, which I thought was really cool, cos I really respect her as a musician/singer/songwriter, it's hard enough being "good enough" as a woman in the male-dominated music business, and she's a damn good singer! They sang an old Fleetwood Mac song which was cool and I was just glad to be able to see her in concert, cos she hasn't been doing much lately, by that I mean that I haven't heard any new albums or really any news in general about her...

I tried to console myself by reminding me that I'll be at Reading in August, and then I'm gonna over-do everything!! And this girl I work with who's as crazy about British music as me might be going with me! That is, if I can afford to buy a plane ticket! I haven't had much money lately, and it's not due to buying CDs, I don't know where it's all gone off to, but I'm sure buying a synthesizer didn't help things much...and now I owe my mom $100 (and probably more actually considering I owed them $180 that I haven't yet paid back...)
Currently listening:
This Is Hardcore
By Pulp
Release date: 31 March, 1998

No comments:

Post a Comment