Saturday, September 12, 2009

Thoughts on marriage...

[25 Oct 2005 | Tuesday]

Current mood: confused

OK, I don't know what is up with people getting married or engaged while in college, but I can't make it more plain that it is NOT FOR ME!!! Tonight at dinner I found out that a girl I eat with has just gotten engaged. When I asked how old she was, she said "19 but I'm not getting married till after I graduate, so I'll be 22 by then." Oh yeah, that's a big difference! I just don't understand it. I for one have only recently considered getting married, but I haven't decided on it completely. And if I do get married, I said long ago that I'm not doing it until I'm at least 27 years old. And I'm 21 now. That means that the girl in question, whose name was also Katie, is getting engaged and she's y ounger than me. and this isn't the first person I know who got engaged at 19. I know of at least 2 other people who are 19 and engaged, and honestly, that makes me sick. I feel like they are too young to be doing that sort of thing-they have their whole lives ahead of them! Don't they want to play the field, and see who else they might be compatable with before choosing "the one" if there is such a thing... I am 21, I am single, and I intend to have my fun before it's too late. These are the days of my life when I need to experiment and date many different types of guys before I settle on just one! Of course, there was a time when I was love-struck with my first boyfriend, and I was so sure I was going to marry him. Thankfully I got wise as the relationship evolved, and now we are just close friends. But at the end of the day, I suppose it is each to his or her own...whatever floats your boat, whatever gets you thru the night. I'm outtie...laterzzz
Currently listening:
Catching Tales
By Jamie Cullum
Release date: 11 October, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment