[04 May 2006 | Thursday]
| Current mood: Category: Friends OK felt the need to rant about this. I know about 6 people now that are engaged. 2 of them I have had crushes on or have known for a few years. Most are under 20. Now, I'm sorry, but it is my firm opinion that no one under the age of 23 should get/be engaged. I think that's just stupid. Most people at that age don't really know what they want, let alone who they want to marry. Chances are, you haven't found the one you want to be with for the rest of your life, and if you are certain you have, well then fair play to you, but I'd be willing to bet a substantial sum of money that you won't last 10 years with that person whom you're engaged to. And I'm dead serious about that. Me, I'm 22 years old. I thought I had found the person I wanted to marry and spend the rest of my life with when I was 19 too. However, we fell out of love, and I was wrong. I do not want to marry him. He is a great guy, but he's not the man for me. He lives in California and I'm in North Carolina, and well that's about as far away as you can get and still live in the same continent. I plan to play the field, there's a whole big wide world out there and I haven't seen the half of it yet. I may be young but I'm no fool. There's a whole lot of guys I've never met-some of whom I want to meet-but the way I see it, there are a lot more fish in the ocean and I'm gonna take my time to find the right one for me. I don't plan to get married until I know the other person VERY well, and don't mind all the good and bad traits they posess. I don't plan to get engaged until we've been dating at least 3 years, preferrably 5 years. And then there are times when I don't want to get married at all. I never wanted to when I was little, after all. I talk to several people online who live in the UK (england mainly) who I have had various crushes on. Some of them I have spoken with for 3 or more years, since I started college more or less. Yes I tend to fall in love (or maybe it's lust) very easily, due in part to the fact that I don't get a lot of attention and so I'm always looking for people to pay attention to me. The other part is due to the fact that I don't have many real friends in the world that exists outside my room. You may be reading this and are engaged and are now mad at me. But I don't care. I had to get this stuff off my chest cos otherwise I'll let it affect (and effectively ruin) the rest of my night. Not that it's going fantastic so far tho...
|
No comments:
Post a Comment