Saturday, September 12, 2009

An Explanation

[20 Oct 2005 | Thursday]

Current mood: angry

OK, this is to explain a bit about my personality. First of all, I am not all *that* bad as some people make me out to be.

I am doing this in response to the messages and comments I have received in response to my last blog, in which I got really mean and nasty...I just want people to have a clear understanding about who I am as a person, before they start slagging me off...

I am not a mean and hateful person. I do not like to make people unhappy or angry, unless they have made me feel that way. It goes against my nature to offend people. And yes, one of the reasons I like the swastika symbol is because it offends people. That, to me, was one of the main purposes of the clothes that came out of Vivienne Westwood and Malcolm McLaren's SEX shop on King's Road in London back in the 1970s...their whole purpose was designed to shock and annoy...even Malcolm McLaren said that if it didn't annoy people, it wasn't worth doing...

The main reason, however, to me wearing a swastika shirt was because Sid Vicious did it back in the day, and I have yet to read any negative response to him doing it! And I know full well that it wasn't acceptable back then to wear it either, but he wore it in France and Germany (I think)! So how come people think that's cool that he did it, but as soon as I do it, the shit hits the fan?

And another reason was for shock value. Because it was taboo, it was something that was not socially acceptable to do. I am attracted to things that are taboo, or not done, at least not in public. With me, the weirder or 'out there' something is, the better. I want to do things that aren't done, wear things that aren't worn, without fearing of my safety or my life. I live in America, supposed land of the free, so why do I not have that right to wear what I want and say what I want, even if people will disagree with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment