I was so happy six months ago
I thought I'd found love, and my heart was aglow.
Then I was used and dumped without warning
Now everything I've loved is gone and it's a cold, dark mourning.
I can't believe how things can change so fast
I guess it's true, nothing good can last
Everything I've loved is gone, and it's not coming back
No matter how hard I try, I just can't stop these tears I cry
I don't want to ever love again,
Ever give my heart to someone,
On them to depend.
Because my heart will get broken,
Smashed up and scattered,
Till I think nothing else matters.
The one I loved has gone away,
And he won't be back the next sunny day.
It's been six months since we spoke,
And yet sometimes I feel it's a joke,
All those sweet things he said to me, that made my day,
Made me laugh and smile in a special way
Everything changes, nothing stays the same,
Amy Winehouse was right: Love is a losing game.
No comments:
Post a Comment