| Category: Pets and Animals So tonight I was walking Chance and we had the unfortunate timing to see a little baby rabbit get hit and killed by a speeding van on the street at the end of ours. It was really sad, because I saw the rabbit start hopping across the street, and then I saw the car, and I knew that the bunny wasn't going to make it, but I have never witnessed any animal being hit by a car, so it was very traumatic to me, and affirmed my love of animals. What really angered me was that the car didn't even slow down or stop after the impact. I remember when I hit a massive raccoon with my Jeep, I slowed down and pulled over later to see what the hell I had hit, because it took my left rear fender flare off (perhaps it was a raccoon on steroids? Anyway, the impact actually skinned part of the rabbit, and it was really sad cos his little tail was still quivering and there were what looked like little punctures in his body. It was quite gruesome. I wished I could have saved him somehow, but I knew there was no way I could do anything. I did feel of his body, and it was still warm. Chance sniffed at his face and I think he knew that the little rabbit was dead. I didn't let him get close to it in case he decided to lick anything, which I wasn't about to let him do. Well, thanks for letting me vent and remember: SLOW DOWN FOR RABBITS!! For some reason, it doesn't bother me to see a dead opossum, or skunk, or other road kill, but I really hate seeing squirrels and rabbits laying dead in the road. Maybe I should be a veterinarian after all!
|
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Slow down for rabbits!!
27 Jun 08 Friday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment