Saturday, September 12, 2009

A very productive weekend

12 Jul 08 Saturday

Current mood: accomplished
Category: Life

Last weekend I decided to do something productive when I got back from the beach, since it was early enough in the day. So I decided I was tired of looking at clutter all over my desk, dresser, and windowseat, not to mention several piles on the floor, and given that my room is not particularly big, it starts eating away at what little space I have.

So on Friday, I cleaned out my closet and got rid of a lot of clothes that I had either outgrown or knew I wasn't going to wear again. Then I was able to hang up all the clothes that were laying in various places around my room. So I felt good about that. Gave a lot of stuff to goodwill on Saturday.

Saturday, I decided to take it one step further and sort through my shoes. So I did, and I got rid of probably a good half. I then arranged the others in a reasonable order.

Then, before I went to bed Saturday night, I cleaned off my dresser, the surface of which hasn't seen the light of day in probably 5 years. When I had it totally cleaned with nothing on it, I stepped back and admired my work, and imagined how good a flatscreen HDTV would look sitting atop it. However, that's only a dream b/c my parents aren't gonna buy me a TV for my room, and I don't fancy spending close to $1k on a TV.

On Sunday, I decided to step things up a bit and clean up my desk, which was organized chaos. Then I took down my Libertines poster on my closet door and replaced it with a very sexy and nearly-nude Robbie Williams poster. I also removed my old Steve McQueen poster I've had since I was in high school (5+ years) and put in its place my Liverpool 'This Is Anfield' poster that I used to have hanging on my wall in my dorm room at Elon. Ah, good times!

Well, that's all folks!
Currently listening:
The Singles
By Feeder

No comments:

Post a Comment