04 Feb 09 Wednesday
| Current mood: So I saw my first BMW x6 today out on the road. It was in front of me, in fact. For those of you not in the know, the x6 is BMW's 'crossover' vehicle, in that it has the stylings of a coupe but also the body of a SUV. Sort of like a thick coupe. With an aluminum running board on both sides. Anyway, I thought it looked pretty cool. At first, I thought the running boards were some sort of silver script down the sides, but then I realised what they were. Interesting concept, but as the car doesn't sit that high off the ground, I think they're a bit unneccessary. They would be better suited on the x3 or x5 SUV line. I'm impressed with the lines of the car, but I'd have to spend more time studying it before I could make a definite opinion one way or the other. It looked sort of like a hatchback, but that could just be my wishful thinking, since BMW hasn't brought the 1 series hatch over to the 'States yet. (fingers crossed tho!) BMW is heralding this latest offering as a 'Sport Utility Coupe' and it seems to me that the name fits it. It is, after all, a cross between a SUV and a coupe, and comes in 2-and 4-door versions. Probably different engine sizes, bhp, and other goodies including various stability management programmes, but I'm not going into the details. That's what Google is for! Below are some pics of the car, for your viewing (and/or drooling) pleasure! |
No comments:
Post a Comment