Saturday, September 12, 2009

I just met a wicked cool girl!!

[11 Nov 2005 | Friday]


Current mood: bouncy
Category: Life

OK today after class I had lunch with a girl Emily from my American Lit class...she'd been the only one nice to me of all my classes, so I thought I'd be nice and invite her to lunch. I actually issued the invite on Tuesday, but she couldn't make it till today.

Well, we got to talking, I found out all about her, she was born and raised on a farm in Missouri, which must have been cool, she moved to Chapel Hill, NC for two years from there, then moved again to Philadelphia, PA where she's currently from...she has an identical twin sister, she drives a pickup truck, she shares my love of Motocross and dirt bikes, she likes most all of the same music as me, and her attitude on life and people is fantastic!

She lives off-campus with her boyfriend, she's been to London and likes it (like me! Woo hoo!) and she likes to drink and play pool. Oh yeah, and she knows her guitars too. When I told her I played guitar, she asked me if I had a Gibson or Yamaha. I told her I have a few Gibsons but the one I was playing last night that I have up here with me is my Yamaha acoustic (see profile pics) that I bought with one of my first-ever pay checks from my job last summer. It will be coming with me when I ever get over to London again.

She also told me that I should move to London, giving as how much I like it, and I told her that I'd love to, but I've heard there's a lot of red tape involved, and that I didn't know if I would be able to get a job over there, and she told me her cousin lives over there and he's got a work visa, and according to her, they're not hard to get, so now I've got hope once again that maybe my nearly-dead dream will in fact become a reality again!!!

She also thinks like me too. I was telling her about my loud, disrespective hall-mates, and she said, Why don't you just open the door and tell them to shut the fuck up? I was like, OMG that's exactly what I've been wanting to say for ages, but I've been afraid of what they'd do in return for me pissing them off...

I also told her about the drunk girl that pissed right outside my door (on my mat-and this was inside, I might add) and Emily said, 'Man I would have opened the door and been like, What the fuck do you think you're doing?!' I was like, wow you are a girl after my own heart! It's scary how much she thinks like me...also found out that she doesn't have many friends here at Elon either, and that she feels like she doesn't really fit in either, so I'm glad we became friends...She was going to take me to a local pawn shop to look at guitars, but she had to meet a girl back at her place that was arriving at 3, and as it was 3 then, she had to go. But she gave me her phone number and told me to call her over the weekend and we could get together.

Oh boy! I can't wait! I'm the happiest I've ever been in a very long time! Thanks Emily for making my day (and life!) :-D

Currently listening:
Intensive Care
By Robbie Williams
Release date: 25 October, 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment