| Category: Life Well thank fuck this time the website is in ENGLISH!! So I can actually know exactly which buttons to push! So today I found a store down the road that sells real, authentic football shirts, which I was ecstatic about. Actually that made the trip all worthwhile to me. I was able to find a Celtic shirt, an Aston Villa shirt, and a Man Utd shirt, all from this latest season, in my size. It was so cool how I could try them on there in the store before I bought them, to make sure they fit. I now have determined that a 152cm or 30/32" chest is the size I need. I was lucky to find a Man Utd one in my size, given that they just won the UEFA Champions League 4 days ago, beating Chelsea in a nail-biting thriller of a game. The place had shirt printing too, and so I got Hargreaves 4 printed on the shirt in the official PL font. However, the guy didnt line up the number with the white line on the back of the shirt, and he put it a bit low, so its to the left of the bottom white line, something Im not really happy about, but given what I paid for the shirt ($115 total including the printing) Im not complaining! Its actually ironic that the only player they had was Hargreaves because when I was watching the CL final, I was thinking of getting Hargreaves on the back of the shirt I got, just for something different, rather than the big names like Ronaldo, Rooney, etc. I think it is sooo cool that I can walk into a store, find several football shirts in my size, try them .. I get them (I cant think of how many shirts Ive bought off ebay that have turned out to be too big, and a few too small). Well I just found out that they sell Nutella at my local Harris Teeter--sweeet! Im gonna get some before I go to bed 2moro nite. Ive become obsessed with it since Ive never heard of it before this trip. Erika turned me onto it and Ive never looked back haha! Back to the topic--the weather has been crappy most of the time here with the exception of today, when the sun came out and it got quite warm. The nude sunbathers came out to the English Gardens, where I went today with Steve and Mary Cox. We got an ice cream and they talked to a lady with a Jack Russell. We did a shitload of walking tho. We also saw some surfers. I was able to replace the CDs I lost when I was in Vienna, thankfully. Actually, the CD place I found here, Saturn, the prices were cheaper than they had been elsewhere. I was kinda upset that I didnt just wait till I got here to buy the CDs. I got too many really. Got about 15 I think, all told. God. Im gonna get it when I get home and my parents see what kind of damage I have done to their credit card. Theyll never let me use it again after this trip! Various people on our trip have come down with various bugs. Dr Cox..s wife has some sort of cold that I might have given to her, and my roommate Lisa woke me up at 5am with her coughing and sounding bad. She didnt join us on our activity this morning, which Im kind of glad because the less time I can be around anyone w..ho..s sick, the better. I seem to be over whatever I had, and I hope that the antibiotic Ive been taking will help keep me from catching anything else, especially on the plane. Its very unusual for me to not pick something up from a plane trip, but this time I didnt get anything till about halfway thru the trip, and for 2 days (Mon and Tues) I felt really bad. I started the antibiotic on Tues evening so hopefully by the time I finish it next Fri I will be safeguarded from anything including what might go around on the plane flight tomorrow. |
Monday, September 14, 2009
Greetings from München (take 2)
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment