Monday, September 14, 2009

Falling

[18 Feb 2005 | Friday]

I am falling
Down, down into the nothingness
that is my life.

What used to be fun is not.
What is fun? I can’t remember.
How it used to be I am not sure.
What is happening to me
Inside where I feel everything?

My heart is hard and filled with hate.
My soul has stopped searching
For what I used to be.
I fight the truth,
And side with the lies that dominate my life.
I do not feel sorry or guilty any more
About telling them.
I am no more
What I used to be.
I am the devil in disguise.
God doesn’t help me,
I can no longer depend on Him
To tell me what to do.
I have forgotten what is right and what is wrong
Or I just don’t care anymore.
You must understand
That I am a different person,
Not the one you knew,
No. I am changed
For the better or the worse I cannot tell.
This depression drags me down, down
Into the depths of insanity,
And I am falling,
Falling far from everything that was.

Constant fighting is tearing me apart,
I am two-sided: One is good, and one is evil.
The good side tries hard to conquer the bad.
But it is fighting a losing battle,
Because I am falling.

I am alone,
In my own world
Of sorrow and jealousy and self-pity
So lost I cannot see the light.
What is the light anyway?
I think the bulb is out.

I am falling,
Fast, hard, quietly
Into the death I have so longed for.
Now my body is pure
And I am reborn.

(Good-bye cruel world, hello new life!)

No comments:

Post a Comment