Posted on Monday 31 Jan 2005
| Current mood: OK, so I just got back from Disney World yesterday afterrnoon, after our flight from Orlando had been delayed an hour...fun fun fun...anyways, I of course got sick the night before we were supposed to leave (lack of sleep due to internet addiction) so by the time we got there, I was pretty tired and had a sore throat. We stayed at the Polynesian resort. It's supposed to be like a Hawaiin thing, with lots of waterfalls (yes, waterfalls indoors, I tell you!) and a Hawaiin theme throughout, totem poles, lots of brown and orange colours, and tropical names like Tahiti for the different places that you could stay. They had an awesome game room tho, until 3 of the fucking machines didn't register the quarters i put in them (I was very mad about that!) OK, on the first day, Thursday, we got our tickets sorted and dropped off all our stuff at the room, then we took the monorail (like a fast above-ground subway) to the Magic Kingdom. I was suprised how the lines for the rides were very manageable. On some of them, we could just walk right on! It was soo cool! We rode on Peter Pan, Pirates of the Carribbean, The Haunted Mansion (with all the funny gravestones in front! My dad brought the video camera and actually recorded us on the rides...it was well cool, i can't wait to see it!) and we rode a few other rides that i can't remember...Oh yeah we went to Main Street at Magic Kingdom and had lunch there. We went to Epcot later that day, but we were really bummed to find the Body Wars ride that we all love was closed. Then we had a 7.20pm dinner reservation at the Living Seas restaurant, that has a huge floor-to-ceiling fish tank with loads of fish and even some sharks! The dinner was the best I've had in a very long time! I don't remember a lot else that we did after that except that I started feeling really tired and rotten as the sun was setting, and it got a lot cooler and windy and I was about to collapse. So we went back to the hotel and went to bed early. I don't think I've gotten to sleep so quick before in my life! The next day, my dad and brother went to Epcot while my mom stayed in the hotel room with me cos i was feeling bad and she wasn't feeling good herself. So I got up with the rest of my family, took a shower (I think) ate something, probably a pastry, for breakfast, then later went back to sleep for like an hour and woke up feeling a lot better and had energy and was ready to face the day! So in the afternoon my dad and Will (my lil bro) came back and we all went over to Epcot and rode on the Test Track ride which was really cool, its where you test out a car on a track and put it thru its paces, hot, cold, bumpy terrain, and rain (cos it was raining a bit)! We also went on the Buzz Lightyear ride, and the Mission to Mars ride that my dad and Will had been on earlier, it was soooo cool! It looks like you're taking off in this big spaceship, you look straight up and when you blast off, the g-forces are really realistic and pulls you back down...way cool! My mom chickened out, but then so did this one lady's husband next to us. Then we went to the Norway part of the World Showcase which was an area at Epcot that was designed to look like other countries from around the world. Each country had its own restaurant and gift shop, and the people that worked there were from the country as well, and wore the traditional native dress of the country. So we went to the Norway ride and ate dinner at the restaurant. To ease our boredom while we waited for our food, my brother and I played hang-man and tic-tac-toe. I love it when we do that, its so fun. We were finishing after dinner when I revealed my word, which was a phrase that read 'Hot Norse Waiter' and of course at that moment our waiter came back and was taking my brother's plate and the paper with the phrase was facing him, and I about died of embarrassment....I was giggling...but luckily he didn't see it. Shame, tho, cos i wanted to see what his reaction was... Oh yeah, and I had a Norwegian Coffee, which, for those of you that don't know, is a mixture of Bailey's Irish Cream, black coffee, and a liqueur. Yummy! On Saturday I was feeling much better and we went back to Magic Kingdom to ride on Space Mountain, which we ran out of time to do earlier. So we get there and they've shut it down to work on it. So we get a fastpass to the Buzz Lightyear ride again cos everyone liked it but me, I thought it was okay. After that, we had some ice cream and went on to the Buzz Lightyear ride. Later, we rode on Space Mountain and it was way cool cos there was hardly any line and I got to ride up in the front seat, cos no one else wanted to, they were all scared, ha ha! I wasn't scared, but it was fun not being able to see the track so you didn't know where you were going next. Later, we went over to the Great Britain area and had a pint, (well it was a large cup) and I got my first ever Guinness from the tap, which is, as they say, much better than the bottle...its a lot less thick and strong...best drank cold tho..to avoid disappointment...I saw some cool stuff there but didn't buy anything cos I figured I could buy much cooler stuff when I'm over there next for cheaper anyway... We ate dinner at the Deutschland restaurant, the Biergarten. It was fun. The food was really good, and there was a vast array to choose from. I got seconds! And somehow managed to have room for desert! German Chocolate cake-yummy!! Well this is getting really long so I'm gonna end it now but I'll post more later and tell you about my great Swedish adventure that happened on Saturday night..it may go down as the most exciting and wild Saturday night I've ever had!
|
No comments:
Post a Comment