| Current mood: Category: Sports I went to this game! And it was awesome! It was the first Elon basketball game I've ever been to, and I've been goin here for 3 years! The school had rented nice charter buses for the trip over to the Greensboro coliseum, which I had thought was 45 mins away from the town of Elon, but I thought it only took around 20 mins, and I was timing it. The Elon/Wake game was sold out really fast since tickets went on sale on Monday, and by a fantastic stroke of luck I managed to get a student ticket from a girl that wasn't going, by placing an ad in the Want Ads section of the school's website. Then my friend Amy had a bus ticket that she wasn't going to use, b/c she was riding with her roomate Crystal to the game...so she gave it to me Sat morning, and I managed to wake up around 10am despite not getting to bed till past 5am...thanks, Warren! lol nah he's a cool guy, he works on my computer, and he's a great friend too...he teaches me self defence too. Anyway, I don't get up till 12.05pm Sat morning, got the World's Fastest Shower, and then I got back in my room at 12.15, dried my hair, got dressed, and made it over (I was booking it by now) to the buses in the parking lot before 12.30 which was the time they were set to leave. They didn't end up leaving tho until around 12.50pm so I had plenty of time to sit and sleep. This was a very important game for me as I am a huge Wake Forest fan, my dad went there (class of '77) and my family are pretty big Wake fans, so I went with the intention of pulling for them, cos I knew they'd win, I mean, Elon is a good team, and they do try hard, but they could *never* in a million years beat a team like Wake...they were coming off a 4 game losing streak, while Wake was coming off a 4 game win streak, so you do the math... There was a time when we were actually ahead in the first 20 mins of the game, so I took that opportunity to call my dad to tell him we were actually winning, and it would be the only time we'd be winning for the remainder of the game. Also, I used the opportunity of very cheap Wake gear on sale to get myself and my dad a baseball hat, and my little brother a nice collared golf shirt he can wear for golf or to church. And I got myself a nice knit sweater that's tan/taupe in color and has the WF logo embroidered in it. It normally cost $40, but I got it for $15, now that's what I call a steal! Well, we ended up losing, even tho I was actually pulling for Elon the whole time, as I was sitting in the Elon student section, and there were a lot of hardcore Elon fans around me. I was originally planning on wearing my Wake Forest sweatshirt to the game, but my mom told me that wasn't the best idea, and the people around me wouldn't appreciate it, so I wore my navy blue Paul Frank Julien the monkey sweatshirt. The final score, in case anyone cares, was 78 to 59 Wake. Then after the game, I went to Food Lion and got 2 bottles of Boone's Farm Sangria grape flavoured wine, drank most of one, before Amy called to tell me they were havin dinner at Varsity, and I cursed my luck because while I was pretty tipsy when I went over there, by the time I had gotten home and gotten settled back down in front of the computer, it had worn off, and I was majorly upset. Plus, I had gotten full from the turkey croissant I'd eaten, so it would be a moot point in finishing the bottle, as I had drinken the majority of it before I left. The rest of the evening/night was spent by me trying unsuccessfully to transfer my songs from my ipod over to my laptop, which after several weeks of a dead hard drive, was finally fixed and working again. I even managed to download and install a wicked Christmas theme on it as well it's so cool I'll have to post a screen shot of it on here for all you curious folks to see! Finally, because the battery in my ipod is nearly dead, which means I'll have to get a replacement for it, and it's very likely that they'll wipe the whole hard drive of the ipod in replacing the battery for it, so I couldn't get many songs off it, so I decided to hand write a list of all 1542 songs and podcasts on it, and I suppose playlists as well, tho that's a bit much...So for 2 hrs I sat there, typing as fast as I could, a 7 page list of 300 or so songs, before I got too tired and sore and decided to call it a night. I'm so upset tho, all that time, and it was only 300 songs!! I've got SOO many more to go! There's got to be an easier way to copy and paste the list from one of the many programs I'm using to transfer the songs onto my pc from my ipod...if only I got the battery to work stronger, I might have better luck with it! Any one have any suggestions, don't hesitate in messaging me pls!! |
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Elon v Wake Forest
[04 Dec 2005 | Sunday]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment