| Current mood: OK here we go... Yesterday, I thought, was the day from hell. But I was wrong. Today surpassed that. Yesterday, I locked my keys in the car, then my cell phone wouldn't work so I had to use a phone in the Crystal Shoppe to call my mom and tell her to bring the spare key. So then after I'd been talking for like 5 mins, the lady in the shop tells me that it's a business phone and i have to hang up. So that made me mad. So I went next door to the Fox and Hound to have a drink, the guy at the bar recognised me and got me a rum and coke, then after that i ordered a pina colata...then i felt like the alcohol wasn't doing anything, but I had to wait for my mom to come, and then we got to arguing in the car on the way home cos she forgot to bring the spare key, about verizon and how i'd have to get a new cell phone if i went with verizon as my carrier. She was like, "I'm not having this discussion with you when you've been drinking." So I was like, Mom, I'd still be saying this even if I hadn't been drinking"...so I had to lie to her about how much I had to drink cos she wouldn't let me drive my car home if i'd had more than 1 drink, which I had, and i felt really bad lying to her cos she made me swear....oh well... But today....oh boy, today was another story altogether...my boss asks for me, and I was getting a bagel in the Lab at work, and so I go see what she wants afterwards, thinking she must have something else for me to work on. But no, she closes the door, and I was like, oh god, this cant be good...and she was like, it's been brought to my attention that you have been falling asleep at work. I have noticed it, but I didn't want to make an issue of it because I thought it was just a one-time thing...but several staff members have noticed it, and it's my duty to address it....(like fuck it is!) If I was a boss, I wouldn't address it. I wouldn't care...but then that's just me...I feel to each his own...let sleeping dogs lie...don't interfere with other people's life. But what really pissed me off, is that I felt like people were "tattling" on me, just like they did in 4th grade and the like...I mean, come on people! Grow up! I thought I was working with adults here, not kindergarteners! Lynda (my boss) was like, this is a real job, and if you weren't a summer employee, i would have to write you up. So I've been thinking, maybe I'm not cut out for a job. I never thought I'd work 9-5 anyway, that's not my personality...and it doesn't help to be sleep deprived either....which i badly am... Then, she tells me that she's cutting my hours down to 3 days a week, instead of the normal 5. So that means I'll be earning less money, which doesn't make me happy. I'll close with a thought I had earlier today: If I don't like my life, and I (now) don't like my job, what's the point in living? I just want to die. |
Saturday, September 12, 2009
My Sucky Day
[14 Jul 2005 | Thursday]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment