First posted Saturday 08 Jan 2005
| Current mood: Greetings all! This is a short story about my two Betta fish, Sushi and Samurai. Sushi is purple in colour and Samurai is multi-colour, blue, purple, and turquoise. They are apparently very smart fish, but you have to separate the males or else they'll fight, hence the reason they are also known as Japanese Fighting Fish. I got them at Wal Mart over a year ago, they were my first "pets" in college. They stayed with me till winter break of last year, when I took them home with me, and they became my mom's responsibility, lol. Finally she told me that she was tired of taking care of them and that since they were technically my fish, I should be taking care of them, so back they went with me when I returned to school last weekend. And something I've noticed about them is that whenever they're hungry, they'll tap on the side of the plastic container they're in, something I think is rather clever, especially for a fish! They're pretty cool, they're not hard to take care of, u just gotta clean out the bowl like once a week, or whenever I get around to it, which is not always once a week, ha ha. Also, they are very hardy fish, I once went a week without feeding them cos I was lazy, and they still lived! The only thing that is likely to kill them is if you put water that's too cold in their bowl, they're a tropical fish, like, and they like cool to room-temperature water. I did that once, when I was refilling their bowl, and it nearly killed them. I went berserk cos I thought I had killed them! Then I realised what I did and fixed the problem. Other than that, they're pretty cool. Well that's my little story about my fish. Hope u enjoyed it and I didn't bore the pants off you, ha ha! |
No comments:
Post a Comment