Saturday, September 12, 2009

What a headcase!

[26 Aug 2006 | Saturday]


Current mood: confused
Category: Friends

Speaking of weird, wait till I tell u wat a so-called friend did to me today. OK, so we were best friends in high school and middle school (about 7 years) and I was the only friend she had in high school. We both go off to college, and she has a great time and is really loving it, me, on the other hand, is hating it and very homesick. So I call her up one day, to see how it's going for her, and she basically acts like she doesn't have time for me, she's too busy to talk to me, and all I wanted to kno is when she'd be home for thanxgiving or xmas so we could get 2gether or something. She tells me that I'm part of her past that she wants to leave behind, and that basically she doesn't want to know me. Now, this really shocked me, and hurt me a lot. I mean, this was my best friend for 7 years. How could she say that to me?!

So I wrote her a mean email, cussing her out for being so ridiculous! Well, I let that anger stay in me a long time, hatred for her. There was a time that if I'd run into her, I'd have hit her in the face, it was that bad.

Then, last nite, my dad tells me he sees her at a football (American football) game, and talks to her for a minute, she asks about me, and that. So he says I should call her up, she's going back to college next monday. So I call her today and guess what? It goes like this:

Caroline: Hello?
Me: Hi is Caroline there? (even tho I knew it was her that answered)
Caroline: This is Caroline.
Me: Hey Caroline, it's Katie
Pause, while she struggles to muffle the phone, but basically she says nothing else, no hi, nothing. I can hear her say 'Oh my god!" then more muffling sounds with the phone, while I wait.
Then, "There's no way I can be nice about that..." (meaning I guess the 'argument' we'd had freaking 3 years ago!) I can hear her mom say "Caroline, that was over 3 years ago!" and something like "Don't cry"

So after 10 or 15 seconds of phone muffling, I hang up. I mean, I was putting myself out, I was willing to put the past and all that pain behind me, to be nice, and call her up and catch up on what she's been doing this summer.

I was shocked. Completely shocked. Here's someone more insecure and immature than me. I mean, do you know how incredibly rude that is to immediately put someone on hold, and then whisper mean things about them? What the fuck?! I couldn't believe she would be like that after all this time! I was actually looking forward to talking to her! what a headcase!

I can only hope her mom chewed her out for behaving like that. She ought to call me up and apologise, I don't think I've ever been treated so rudely in my life!

Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment