30 Jul 08 Wednesday
| Category: Writing and Poetry Musings Before Dawn/Musings At Sunup 9 June 2005 The early morning sun casts a hazy glow over the hotels and houses of Wrightsville Beach. Seagulls cry overhead, mixing in with other happy birds of the morning. The sun is reflected in a great line in the ocean. I walked out here before 6am and stumbled onto quite possibly the most beautiful sight I have ever laid eyes upon. Birds play in the water, the lone beachcomber walks along the shore, looking for something only he knows. The low-lying clouds mute out the sun, but it can be seen in all its Glory just behind them, its rays shining out triumphantly above them as if to say it still had the upper hand. A few people walk on the beach -- one woman walks a big black dog, one man carries something --a camera? -- at the shore's edge. --Yes, it is a camera, and he stops and stoops down to photograph a bird or maybe it's the sunrise that has captured his eye and captivated his soul. The sun peeks out in a break of the morning clouds as if to say, I'm still here and I'm still going to rise. I am fighting off tiny insects that swarm and land and bite. Yuck this is no fun. Perhaps if I was walking, they wouldn't be so persistant. The waves lap at the shore, and if you listen hard enough, you can almost hear cicadas announcing the heat, but I think it's the ocean playing tcisk again. The clouds are pink, the sand is gray, there's not much else to see, except for a tiny rivulet of water right next to me. I check my watch to note the time: it shows 6:30 The waves make a sound like a rocket, and I return my watch to my back pocket. _________________________________________________________ I was waiting for a miracle But this will have to do I'm sitting here alone again Writing this song for you. Thinking only of you. The dawn breaks My heart aches That you're not here If only you were near. I walk along this sleepy beach Reminded of my past And wishing there was some way to Find something that will last. Are you prepared to make a sacrifice to me? If I asked, would you give your advice to me? Do you ever feel Alone sometimes And fear it will never go away? Do you ever wonder if you'll awake to see the day? I'm running round, in circles now, I don't know what to do I'm blinded by the love you give And I only live for you. |
No comments:
Post a Comment